If the situation arises that we are unlucky enough to get weather that would make the climb dangerous for participants, the organiser may have to make the decision to alter the route, this will be decided the afternoon before the event starts. We have only ever experienced one mountain closure in 16 years due to severe weather conditions, however there is an alternative route available at Snowdon and Cadair Idris is case this happens again.